Last Updated January 2023
Our goal is to make sure that you’re clear on the happenings of this website when you are visiting, browsing, subscribing, or purchasing from us.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
THE DATA WE COLLECT
In the course of operating the Websites and/or interacting with you, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
1. Personal Information.
If you sign up to receive any of our emailed blog posts, respond to a survey, register for an event or class, or purchase any product or service, you may be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. We do not collect any personal information from Visitors when they use the Websites unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as by registering or sending us an email or signing up to receive our blog posts emailed. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
2. Purchase Information.
When you place an Order, you must provide us with certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
3. Payment Information.
4. Other Information.
In addition to the information noted above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Websites, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Websites you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Websites. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Websites may not function properly.
From Other Sources. We also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or other third-party social media sites.
DATA COLLECTED BY/THROUGH THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING COMPANIES
ACCESSING AND CHANGING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you have registered for the Websites, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on the Websites. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Melodee Forbes Company promotional email. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account or their Orders. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE DATA AND INFORMATION
We use the Personal Data and Information, the Order Data and Information, the Billing Data and Information, and the Other Data and Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide our services; to process Orders; to administer our rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve our Websites and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
We may also use and/or share Data and Information as described below.
- Melodee Forbes Company, LLC will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your Orders and provide support to you.
In an effort to provide our services and administer our rewards and promotional programs, we may share the Data and Information (excluding the Billing Information) with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- With your consent and permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We use standard open authorization to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google, etc. (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use open authorization to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, Order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In a recurring effort to better understand our Visitors, customers, and our products and services, we may analyze the Order Information and Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Websites and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we create, grow, and develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the merging of assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we realize that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Confident Not Perfect or others.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Information available to third parties — for example on message boards or web logs; through email; during webinars, classes, online conferences, teleseminars, or coaching calls; or in comment or chat areas — that information can be seen, collected, heard, and/or used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Websites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Never send credit card, driver’s license, or social security information via email (even if ever asked or requested).
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO FOREIGNERS / NON USA RESIDENTS
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US